STEPPING THROUGH MOSCOW

SOVIET PARADISE

вторник, марта 17, 2009

Questioning Passport Canada

I do not own a piece of property in Canada, nor anywhere else for that matter. Ever since I left home when I was 18 to go to University, I have rented a new place to live each year and moved at least once a year since 1992, except once, when I lived in the same place for 2 years in Edmonton, Alberta. This should not be a problem, it is perfectly legal, and over the years as I took positions in different countries, or was posted somewhere new, I changed my address. I do not know where I will end up - and until I decide to stay in some place for a longer period of time, it makes little sense to buy into some location.

The problem is that I had to get a new passport, and on the application it asked me for my permanent address. In addition, they asked for a mailing address. I just moved out of my apartment and am about to move to a new contract to a new location - currently undecided - but likely I will need my passport to go there. So what should I put down on my permanent addresss? My gmail account?? That would be most appropriate. So I asked Passport Canada and their solution was just to use whatever the last address I had was.

I was pretty surprised that they could actually deal with this kind of situation because likely most people who get a passport use it primarily for travel and have a mailing address, etc. and know where they are planning to go.

Комментариев нет: