STEPPING THROUGH MOSCOW

SOVIET PARADISE

среда, мая 03, 2006

FROM RUSSIA TO KYRGYZSTAN

After years of studying, applying for grants, scholarships, moving from contract to contract to contract, I was interviewed and offered a position in Bishkek, Kyrghyzstan, to work on developing programs for the new University of Central Asia. I arrived on Sunday morning and am now looking for an apartment. This time, however, as I packed my backpack, two briefcases, and mailed ahead my books, I thought to myself that I might be going to the Central Asian region to ironically end my nomadic lifestyle of wandering with most of my belongings on my back and/or in the Post. I do not want to repack my bags for a long time this time and fortunately for me - I have a decent job, that I like and a city which is a nice place to live, fresh mountain air - plus the amenities that go with being in a city - plus most things are walking distance. Pictures of Petersburg will follow, as well as several articles, and pictures of my new life in Bishkek, also will follow, once I get around to developing them. I have not invested in a digital camera yet - but I have conveniently placed such a device on my birthday wish list just below a Lada (Shiguliy - in case you want to know).

Комментариев нет: