STEPPING THROUGH MOSCOW

SOVIET PARADISE

пятница, июля 08, 2005

Crimea, Ukraine, May, 2005


Its not my camera, these are the colors as I remember them in the South of Ukraine. My memory fails me along coastlines like this, but I think it is along this coastline in the background where Gorbachev had his dacha - the famous one where he was held under house arrest during an attempted coup in 1991. Sure, house arrest, I believe that. Now that I see how beautiful the place is and how no one outside the region would have ever suspected! "Yeah, I am stuck down here on the awful Black Sea coast amidst turbulent storms and dark waters...blah blah blah" All politicians apparently are the same. Heck, I would hold myself under house arrest here too. To be fair to empirical evidence, someone had pointed the dacha out as we passed by and it was nothing as luxurious as you might expect.

Комментариев нет: